- Sudbury Pride week began in 1997
- The first pride march drew 200 people who gathered together for the first time in a public setting as a show of solidarity
- Past contributors include Tom Reid, Paul Pasanen, Dallas Bushie, Gary Kinsman, David Musico and many others.
- We became incorporated as a Not-For-Profit in 2012 and were renamed as Fierté Sudbury Pride.
- To become an information source that all community members can turn to for support, cultural events, and referrals to the City’s many queer resources.
- Improving and expanding our yearly event which occurs on the second or third week of July every year
- Presenting monthly events to showcase queer culture, educate, and give back to our various partners.
Fierté Sudbury Pride is always looking for new partners, innovative ideas, and financial support. Please don’t hesitate to join our committees, attend our meetings, and send us your insights. To keep up to date on what is happening with Fierté Sudbury Pride we are encouraging everyone to become an official member of our organization. You can do this through email, facebook, mail, or by phone.